Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Thanksgiving time!

The holiday seasons are upon us! I am thankful for the time off that provides me an opportunity to spend time with friends and family. However, the time off also makes me think. Why do you think it takes a holiday to make us realize what we should be grateful for everyday? Why does it take Thanksgiving for us to thank and spend quality time with our families, friends, spouses, significant others etc? Why can't we slow down and smell the roses everyday? Why does it take Christmas to bring everyone together to realize the love that Jesus had for us when he died on the cross? Why does it take New Years to make resolutions, become healthy, or make a change that would be beneficial for you or those in your life? I am guilty of not devoting all of myself to the people I should on a daily basis. I just wish it didn't take holidays to make me realize it!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I also hate that the holidays become so commercialized. That everyone gets so caught up in the present giving and the hustle and bustle of shopping that they forget the true meaning of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete