Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I suck!

My last blog post was July 1st. Yes JULY! It's September, jeez where does the time go?

I've been swamped with school stuff. My pet peeve is people who constantly talk about their job or people who can't separate themselves from it. I've become my pet peeve. I am under an enormous amount of pressure because we are, for the 2nd year in a row, on the needs improvement list. We have all of these people coming in and out of the classroom which is fine because I know I'm a good teacher and have nothing to hide. However, we have so many added things that I feel like a first year teacher in survival mode. I feel like I can't catch up. I'm an organized person and I feel out of sorts.

I also feel like I'm trapped in middle school mean girls club. From grown arce adults no less. I hate it BUT I was talking to a friend who gave me some words of wisdom that I need to live by for the next 165 school days. It was/is, "take time to see the beauty in things and say thank you for them. Thank you for the beautiful weather, thank you for my precious students, thank you for my wonderful husband, family, and friends. When an angry thought pops into your head , think of a thank you thought. It really changes your attitude and perspective." So, for the next 165 school days, I am going to think happy thank you thoughts. Don't take bets on how long you think I'll make it. Just save up bail money!

6 comments:

  1. Saving as we speak ;) Your friend is right, and I really like her idea. Call me if you need to vent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brittney! I need to vent everyday but that would be old so...my happy thought for the day is thank you for friends who are willing to bail you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to hear/read those words of wisdom, thank you for sharing! I'll see what I can do about bail money ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bail money or shin kicking....either way let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol thanks Jamie! And Lisa I choose both.

    ReplyDelete