Sunday, February 20, 2011

I wish

There are a lot of things in this world I wish. One of which is pretty harsh. I wish, if you don't make enough money to support your family/children please don't bring a pet into the situation. It isn't fair for anyone involved. I understand this makes me sound very snobby and rude. I just don't see the point of letting an animal suffer because the owner can't afford medicines, food, health care etc.

Last night, Tigger spent his night puking and doing other disgusting things all over the house. Poor thing. He was so pitiful. You could tell he didn't feel well. All he wanted to do was cuddle in my lap but each time he would, he would get comfortable and then get down because he needed to get sick. We ended up taking him to the doggy hospital this morning and they tested him for all sorts of things. Tests show he has a parasite. Which thankfully can be treated fairly easily with antibiotics and a few shots AND hasn't caused any damage to his heart or other organs. The parasite came from 2 places. Either our neighbors who don't take care of their animals or me.

I have a student who just got a new puppy. The mom has brought the puppy up to school 3 or 4 times. Another story for another time. She brought the dog up during our Valentine's Day party on Friday and the dog was sick. So I most likely took the sickness home to Tigger. If I did bring home the sickness from the puppy, I know the poor little puppy won't get the proper treatment. This particular students' family just got evicted from their apartment and it's just not a good situation. This mom can't afford to pay rent or put food on the table so you know the puppy is the low man on the totum poll. So sad, it hurts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment