Saturday, September 19, 2009

Relay for Life

I joined my best friends Relay for Life team today! I have mixed feelings about it. Not about joining the team, just about the circumstances on why I am involved. I have been involved with Relay for Life since 99 ish. Every year I was always walking for the survivor not walking for the in memory of. Now that, that has changed and I am walking for in memory of I don;t know how I am going to handle it. Some of you know that Lindsey, another one of my best friends, passed away from cancer last summer and I still have my ups and downs with her passing. This year I wasn't at the point where I could participate. It was all I could do to hold it together for the 10 minutes I was there dropping off a birthday cake we got for Linda, so I am sure I would have been a site to see if I had stayed. I know its for a good cause and most of our friend group will be involved so it should be a great time! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment