Friday, January 22, 2010

AW

I thought since my last post was a little debbie downer woe is me, I should AW myself out. I am one step to getting my SMARTboard. I wrote a proposal through donorschoose.org This is a wonderful site, for me! Donors choose is a nonprofit organization that connects public school teachers with people who want to support classroom learning. The only catch is I don't have enough points. For proposals that cost $1000 or more you have to have 6 points. Since my SMARTboard costs $1575 I am one point short of being able to write the proposal BUT there is a solution! The solution is to write a smaller proposal and get it funded. When any project gets funded, you earn a certain amount of points. I have written a smaller project because my kiddos need dictionaries. It's a PASS objective and it's kind of hard to teach my class when there is a 5 to 1 ratio. Check out this site to see my proposal: http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=340879 Thanks to all those people who have donated already! My class really appreciates it and so do I! More than you'll ever know. Oh and if you find someone who wants to donate a SMARTboard, I'll make you cookies/cakes/pies/candies for life!

4 comments:

  1. This is so neat...once we get things settled down, I'll definitely be donating to this. Hope you get your SmartBoard soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ebonie! I really appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting some support! I hope your SMARTboard comes soon!

    ReplyDelete