Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm a glotten

for punishment, I think. I just spent the last few hours working on my application to enroll in a Master's Degree program. After all, National Board is winding down rather quickly (scary) and I need something to fill my time, right?! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. A really great opportunity fell into my lap and after talking to Danny and praying about it, I think I would be really stupid not to go for it. Now, cross your fingers I get accepted.

The best part, it's all online. It's from the University of Texas. I know, I know traitor! But look, if my husband who is the biggest OU fan known to man can accept it, so can all of you. The Master's Degree is Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. This will allow me to become a principal or vice principal whenever I'm ready to retire from teaching. I love teaching but know someday I will be ready to move on. I have to take the GRE which makes me really nervous. The advisor sent me a link to obtain free study guides so after I submit my National Board portfolio in March I am going to start studying on that.

5 comments:

  1. good luck!! I'm sure you will kick booty as a principle...would you hire me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome Allison! Lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cati~ Of course I would hire you! Do you want to teach primary though? Because I want to be primary level I think.
    Lisa~Thanks, I'm going to need it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I hope it all goes well! That's so awesome you're doing this! :)

    ReplyDelete