Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grad school here I come!

Life changed for me today in a good way. I got accepted into grad school and already received a $500 scholarship. I am officially a student at the University of Texas. I turn my NB portfolio in soon. March 31st to be exact. Start Grad school the last day of May. Take the last 6 assessment center tests for NB in June and find out if I passed NB in November. I hope that when all is said and done this makes me more marketable when I choose to leave the district I am currently with. Surely someone with 5+ years of real life experience, 2 bachelor degrees, a master's degree (in a year) and NB certification (cross your fingers) can get their foot in the door? Oh and somewhere in there I want to take a vacation with the h and be debt free. We are close to the debt free part. No house or car payments. We have an e fund with $1000 in it and only one credit card with debt. While it doesn't make sense to go on a trip when we're trying to become debt free a girl can dream right? This blog is a cluster mess of thoughts, sorry!

6 comments:

  1. that is way awesome! I hope you aren't having to fork over an arm and a leg for out of state fees. Dare I say Hook'Em? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I tease Danny because he is so anti Texas. The program is $5k for a year. That excludes books. I rent books? Which I have never done so we shall see how that works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! I hope you get to take a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're off to a great start. Congrats on grad school of course, and on being close to debt free! That has to be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so exciting! Your going to do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list of plans. I love your blog design. I talked to you on the nest and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete