Monday, March 15, 2010

What a day

Today has been a wild day. One of my really good friends lost her father unexpectedly. I spent a couple of hours over there with her. I hate not knowing what to say, so I usually don't say anything. But then I hate sitting there in silence too. I also feel badly because I usually end up crying. Which completely defeats the go and be strong stance I try to take. If there is a silver lining to death, she knows where he is and she knows she'll see him again. Good night!

4 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear this! Your friend and her family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes silence is golden and crying alongside someone is okay too! You're a good friend to have just been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful friend for being there. I agree with Lisa...sometimes just crying alongside the person is the best way to help them heal. Prayers to you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the prayers and the reminder that sometimes it's ok to sit and cry.

    ReplyDelete