Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gone but not forgotten

The world lost a great person today. If I've learned anything from friends' passing, it's to not take things for granted. Lately, I've just wanted to kick myself because I take things for granted. I take for granted that I'll be able to talk to you tomorrow, so I don't call. I take for granted that I'll be able to come visit you , so I don't stop by. I take for granted that I'll be able to email you later so I put off the just saying hello thinking of you email, because I can do it tomorrow. It's sad that death has to remind me that I'm not guaranteed tomorrow SO if you are in my life, I truly hope you know how special you are to me. I love each and every one of you! Thank you for being such great friends and standing by my side when I needed things. Thanks for supporting me even if you don't always agree with my choices. Thanks for sometimes telling me what I need to hear, gently, and for slapping me back to reality when I needed it too. Most of all, thanks. It was time for me to stop taking all of your wonderful friendships for granted and say thank you. THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful person, Allison. I'm so sorry that you had to lose Leslie. I think what you're doing for their family is amazing--you are an incredible woman and friend and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittney. I appreciate your friendship and love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU for being such a great friend in the short time I've known you. You've helped me to not be afraid of expanding my friend circle, and because of that I've met some amazing women who I'm lucky to call my friends. You are one of the most thoughtful people I've ever known. I'm so sorry for your loss; you and Leslie's family and other friends are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete