Sunday, March 27, 2011

When it rains it pours.

Things have been spiraling down hill since the boy left. They got worse Friday night when I received a text from him at 10:30. He's been texting off and on asking if he can come stay with us. I keep giving him the same answer and every time I give him that answer I want to just go pick him up. This next statement is going to be a little dramatic but each time he asks it open up a wound. We aren't going to be able to help him in his situation of his "mom" doesn't do something about herself first. The first day after he left the home, I talked to his caseworker. He was so proud of the choice he made. And honestly, I know this sounds pompous but I think he thought he would leave the home and come stay with us. I asked him what he had here after naming everything he left at the home and he said well I have you...heart breaker. This weekend everything came to a head. He texted me late Friday night and asked me if he could stay with us. I replied with my usual can't buddy and the reasons why. This went back and forth for quite some time. Found out he hasn't been in school since he left the home. The public school where he was reported his mom to the DA for not having him in school. She found out about It and lied to the DA and told them she was homeschooling. What a bunch of bull. Then I talked to his case worker at the home and she told me quite a few anonymous callers had called her to report disturbing things that were going on. She alluded to drugs and alcohol. I'm just frustrated. The mom was supposed to call me yesterday and she never did. I've tried to call both of them and neither one will call me back. Just parent up already and do what's right for him for once. I've called 2 boys homes' but because I have no legal guardianship rights it has to be her to set up everything. Think she'll get out of her drug induced stooper to take care of someone other than herself? I know I'm supposed to give it to God, but I'm being defiant right now. Right now, I don't want to give anything but a swift kick the the throat and a punch to the brain to knock some sense into her.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Allison, this breaks my heart. I wish the "system" worked better. I'll be saying lots of prayers for the boy, his mom and you. I hope something gets worked out for him very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I know you understand the "system" and all of its' flaws. In my dark place I don't understand how someone who is so unbalanced and nonwilling to do whats right can continue to get rights.

    ReplyDelete