Sunday, July 26, 2009

Let the journey begin

Well I am finished with wedding season, which means now its time to buckle down and get all of this National Board stuff organized. I haven't even looked at it since I got home from the Durant Conference! So bad! My aunt donated a ton of binders to me and with the massive amount of papers that go along with this portfolio I am sure those binders will never make it to my classroom. I am starting to feel overwhelmed. Not because I think I can't do it, I'm just afraid. Mostly afraid of the unknown. Probably. I haven't quite figured out the source of my anxiety but I am sure I will. I am really trying to reorganize my classroom and get everything in order so that when August comes I can jump in head first and not get swallowed. I have read so many stories of people who have completed this process that sometimes neglect their family or other duties and that's not fair. My family and friends don't deserve to be neglected because I have issues with time management. I don't exactly want to be a divorcee' because of it either lol! I'm pretty sure if I neglected DH, he would kick me to the curb, so I want to avoid that at all costs! I think I am going to set a schedule and work on it an hour a night and every Saturday. I know things change and things come up but for now that's a schedule I think I can keep without neglecting my family, friends and kiddos in my classroom. My portfolio is due at the end of March. I find out in November if I passed. If I don't pass, and by the way for most people it's a 3 year process, I redo the sections I didn't do well on and submit it again in March and find out in November. I am so glad I got the scholarship. I don't think I would have ever managed to know what the heck all of this stuff is, without the classes. I may ask some of you to read for me, but I will pay you in food and cookies! I may ask some of you to keep me accountable too. Make sure I am holding to not neglecting the important people in my life. So, I guess my purpose for writing this is to say thanks for the support and let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment